On 30th March 2017 Kmart and Target joined Aldi, Coles, Haigh’s, Woolworths and Big W with the release of their Sustainable Cocoa Policy. In their policy they acknowledge that the chocolate industry faces ‘significant sustainable development challenges, including extreme poverty and widely-reported incidences of child labour and human trafficking.’
A huge thank you to the activists who have been part of the campaign asking supermarkets and department stores to release 2020 targets. A huge thank you to these stores in joining the movement to end human trafficking. We have needed to print more thank you cards, so why not order some to take shopping and give to store staff and managers.
Galilee Blockade is not the ‘Standing Rock’ of Australia. Through our direct action campaign, activists can stay in their own city/region and still target Adani, their major contractors, possible financiers and key political supporters.
Protect Our ABC
- Getup Petition
- VIDEO: SAVE ABC WEEKLY SCIENCE
- Friends of The ABC Take Action
Save Lateline and the ABC’s Current Affairs Coverage (Communityrun)
- Protect ABC Classic FM
- Save Radio National Music’ campaign
Solar Citizens’ Survey for Qld
Take the four minute survey to tell the Queensland Government what you think about the future of solar in our state. Will you join me? Take the survey here. It doesn’t happen often but right now the Queensland Government genuinely wants to hear what we’ve got to say about solar and renewable energy. Thanks in large part to the support solar supporters across Queensland have shown for solar and renewable energy, the Queensland Government has committed to a minimum 50% renewable energy target by 2030.
- The truth about Adani
- Click here to find out more about switching away from fossil fuels.
- Sign the petition calling on the Federal Government to join the renewable energy revolution.
- Act now and protect Medicare by signing the petition.
- Sign the pledge to end business in abuse.
- Peter Dutton: I was violated, beaten & tortured – please let me be free! Mojgan Shamsalipoor Australia
- We need Safe Schools Program in Aspley State High. Stop youths deaths because of sexuality
- Get angry and get equality! Parliament did it in 2004, they can do it again in 2017!
- NSW Premier – Deliver a solution for our homeless people
- Malcolm Turnbull: Do not deny grieving parents answers to their son’s death on Manus Island
Suicide prevention appeal To: The Hon. Sussan Ley, Federal Minister for Health
We have a national emergency. Australia urgently needs to take strong action to end the terrible toll of suicides on our community.
I call on you to at least double funding for suicide prevention in the next Federal Budget.
Spending on awareness and prevention campaigns has dramatically reduced deaths from road accidents. Please take a similar approach to suicide – and stop the suicide death toll.
Sign this lifeline Petition here